Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Wallet

Stuff like this always happens to me! Brian is so good about gift giving. He ALWAYS searches high and low to give me a great gift for my birthday or Christmas or just because....and I truly AlWaYs like what he gets me. Me..not so much. I do try hard, but seem to have a bit of trouble....this story is just one of many. Brian's 31st birthday is on Sunday. I wanted to get him something unique and personalized. I love etsy.com. I have purchased a lot of cool gifts from that website. So, I decided he needed a customized new wallet. I found a lady on etsy that did this sort of thing. We emailed back and forth and I finally decided on the "perfect" gift for Brian. Brian has a passion for hunting. He LOVES LOVES LOVES to hunt. His favorite being turkey. I decided I would have this lady put a turkey on the front of this "antique leather" wallet. OK, so I was super excited and just knew Brian would love it. After all, who else would be carrying a wallet like this one. I waited for about 2 and a half weeks. Checked my email at school and saw that it was being delivered that day....I couldn't get home fast enough to check the mail and take a peek. When I opened the package, I think my mouth fell open and stayed that way for a good 45 seconds or so....I heard Avery say "What is it Momma?" "Son, I really don't know what this thing is that I paid $85 dollars for!!! It looks like a Thanksgiving turkey, and the bottom shouldn't have BW monogrammed, it should say "GOBBLE GOBBLE" Really?? Could this wallet that I paid WAY to much for really look like it came out of a truck stop for a whopping $5.00.....You be the judge....

Yes...go ahead and laugh....Brian sure did. Right when he got home I said "Just go ahead and order that camouflage you've been wanting from Cabellas." He was like why??? I just handed him this wallet and told him the story. He held nothing back...I thought he was going to pee his pants he was laughing so hard. We decided to send this thing back!! Well, guess what, it is a personalized gift, so there are NO returns or exchanges. Lesson Learned.....

Look at all the snow we got! We are still in the house waiting on it all to disappear!
Avery and I cooked Brian breakfast this morning....Here are some pics of him helping me out.


For those of you who are a little OCD...yes, I realize my son has on a ball pajama top and Thomas the Train bottoms. Normally this would not be the case, but his daddy got him ready for bed...I noticed it right off the bat, but restrained myself from saying anything.

And then there was Sutton......


He has been sticking his tongue out a lot here lately....it looks like this when captured on camera!


1 comment:

Andrea said...

HaHa! Ummm...maybe the boys can use it for play? That is too funny! Hope y'all enjoyed your snow days!